Monday, November 7, 2011

Drama, Halloween, Homework, Italia

I apologize for not posting for awhile. Life's been chaotic and I haven't had time to breath let alone write an eloquent account of the past two weeks. Then again, you haven't missed much. While its been all sorts of mayhem, none of it is particularly interesting.

Halloween was a good time. They don't really celebrate it here, but the bars and clubs all had parties for the American students. The girls and I bought 2 euro masks at the market, wore all black, and were super cute [refer to Facebook pictures if you don't believe me].
We partied with the gang and stayed out until a wee hour in the morning I won't mention since my mom reads this. BUT in my defense we didn't have school the next day so no harm no foul.

We did nothing on that day off. I oddly woke up at 8AM, took a shower, and then did nothing until 11 when I met Jaclyn and we went to one of the cafe's for brunch. We ended up staying there for 3 hours. I love when I act European, staying in a restaurant for 2 1/2 hours longer than is needed. And it was some great conversation, so who cares that we missed lunch? Not us.
The rest of the day was spent rather unproductively. I studied for a few midterms I had coming up and watched some Grey's Anatomy.

The rest of the week went by rather dully. Had two midterms and that's about as exciting as it gets.

On Thursday, went to dinner with Michelle and ran into some of the boys from school. We had a great time. I love spending time with people in the program that I don't usually see. The change in company is fantastic.
I ended up going out on the town with Erin later in the evening. We hit up all the usual spots, but most places were dead. Which was weird. We spent a good portion of the night in a new bar we found next to one of our favorites. It had good music, cheap drinks, and a great guy-girl ration [not that it matters]. We stopped at Twice on the way home to see if it had picked up. It hadn't. So it was an early night... relatively speaking.

On Friday Michelle and I ventured to Pisa and Siena. We took cheesy, tourist pictures kicking over the Leaning Tower and enjoyed every second.
Siena was gorgeous. Its much quieter and quainter than Florence. We walked around looking at everything there was to see. After spending all afternoon trying to locate their duomo, we stumbled upon it during our random wanderings through side streets. It isn't nearly as big as Florence's duomo, but beautifully crafted and has such pretty, intricate art work all over it.
We ran into an American school tour group standing outside the duomo. We now know what we look like on Wednesday mornings wandering around Florence. Awesome.

The rest of the weekend was spent in my room, with Allie, working on our economics presentation that was due today. It was supposed to be an hour long presentation... that we didn't start working on until Saturday. So ya, it's safe to say I did nothing but that the entire rest of the weekend.

Today, class went by as usual. I was stressing about my presentation the entire time which was great.
The presentation surprisingly went by much faster than I expected. We somehow stood in front of the class for 2 1/2 hours [even though we were done an hour earlier...]. Thankfully, everyone in the class came up to us and told us that they had enjoyed it and we did a good job. Praise the Lord.

Now that that's done with, you would think I was done with projects. Oh no. I have a Holocaust paper I need to write before Monday... and since I'm going to either Amsterdam or Switzerland this weekend I need to get started on it like now.

Friday, October 28th - Monday, November 7th

No comments:

Post a Comment