Friday, October 28, 2011

Beginning of the End

Monday:
What a great way to start of the week.
Classes were relatively normal. Erin and I had a 2 minute presentation in Intro to Florence that turned into about a 1 minute presentation because she cut us of and moved on to the next person. Oh well, we got an A.
The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly. After dinner I spent the rest of the evening studying for my Intro to Florence test that's tomorrow.

Tuesday:
After watching everyone else freak out and worry about the Intro to Florence test, I feel a little bad when I say that I didn't find it that difficult.
After the test, Italian went well and then it was lunch. Day over? Oh, I wish.
After lunch I started studying for my Finance test that's on Thursday. People are already freaking out about that one too. Is there something wrong with me? I don't have anywhere near the anxiety or stress that half of my friends do about these tests..
After dinner I went to the school and studied with Jaclyn, Gmo, and Conner for Finance. Surprisingly we actually got work done! But of course we did have the occasional YouTube video study breaks. And before we all went home we did make a gelato stop. Hey, we deserved it.

Wednesday:
Carl and I have been scheduled to give our Holocaust presentation since last Wednesday, but we finally got it out of the way today. I feel like it went really well, and Professor Baranova seemed to like it. Praise the Lord.
Other than that presentation, class was pretty boring.
Once again, after History was over I spent the rest of my afternoon studying for Finance. I again met up with Jaclyn and Conner to study. Erin and Gabby took it today and they came back both pretty crazy. They kept telling me how hard it was and everything... they almost got me a little panicked. But when we were studying, Jaclyn and Conner both told me that everyone they had talked to said it wasn't too bad. I don't know if Erin and Gabby are trying to psych me out, or if they legitimately thought it was hard. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Thursday:
Woke up and had Finance right off the bat. I actually think it went really well. I felt bad though because after I ran into Gabby and she asked how it went. I made the mistake of saying I thought I did well because she decided to be snappy with me for the rest of the day. Oh well, whatever.
Italian kind of dragged on, and when I got home I started talking to Nina about the test. Turns out I had messed up a little. On the first page was 2 long answer questions. I answered both, but only really felt confident in the first one. I didn't read directions and it just so happens that we were only supposed to answer one. I quickly emailed Professor Screti and explained what happened, and asked very nicely if she could grade the first one. I got a nice reply saying that it was totally okay and to have a great weekend. Love her.
And so the weekend began...
A bunch of us girls decided to go to Gusta Pizza for dinner. I had the most amazing pesto pizza OF MY LIFE. I am honestly never eating pizza in America again, even New York pizza. Nothing will ever compare to the pizza I've had in Italy.
We went home, changed, and headed out to the Fish Pub to meet the boys. We had another great night, returning home close to 3AM. If we had been in the right state of mind we probably would have realized the time was perfect to go to the Secret Bakery, but we didn't. Next time.

Week 1 of Midterms has commenced. And we made it out alive. Only 3 more to go next week. I can't believe we only have a month left in this wonderful place.

Monday, October 24th - Thursday, October 27th

No comments:

Post a Comment