Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Studyin Studyin Ya!

Saturday:
Erin, Audrey, Nina and Jo had plans to go to Venice on Saturday. Since I'm going with my mom in December when she comes I decided to bail and stay in Florence.
-Side note. When they got to the train station all the tickets for the train to Venice were completely sold out. They debated on whether or not to come back and get me (they decided to go to Pisa and Sienna), but ultimately decided not to. Thanks friends.
So, since I still thought they were in Venice until late Sunday, I had a very peaceful and relaxing day to myself. I again woke up at like 11, meaning this time I missed breakfast. I watched Grey's Anatomy and got ready for the day, so when the episode was over it was time for lunch.
I walked down Cavour and grabbed Subway and took a very long and roundabout walk back home.
For the rest of the day I alternated between doing homework, sleeping, watching Grey's Anatomy and repeating. I woke up at 6:30PM and went to get some dinner before it got too dark outside to walk around by myself.
The rest of the night I basically did the same thing I had done throughout the day. It was a little lonely. I'm not used to being by myself for that long here.
Around 11PM as I was getting ready to go to bed, I saw Erin get online. She came up and we talked about their day - that's how I found out about the mornings betrayal (she said she wanted to come get me...).

Sunday:
Since my friends were back, we all decided to wake up at a decent hour and get breakfast before they put it all away.
We all still had a ton of homework to do, but it was such a nice day and we didn't want to stay cramped up in our room, Erin and I packed up our backpacks and went in search of a cafe with WiFi.
We found a cute little place with outdoor seating right up the street from the duomo. We stayed there for a good 3-4 hours, drank 2 cappuccino's each, did some homework and people watched. It was a great afternoon. We only left because we started to get hungry and needed to get Audrey.
We went to a pizza place right up the street from our pensione and after lunch Erin and I continued to do homework on the patio of our hotel. That is until 5PM when we walked to the library to continue, you guessed it, studying. We were in the library until almost 8PM before we finally finished and headed to dinner.
We decided to go back to Mostodolce, and it is there we discovered the most delicious hamburgers we have ever eaten. It was seriously the best dinner we've had in awhile. The buns were hot, freshly made. And the patty wasn't dry like most of the other meat we are served here. It was yummy end to an exhausting day.
Once we got back we took on the task of finding a hostel in London for this upcoming weekend. We should have known it was going to be ridiculous. After researching and freaking out we finally decided on one that's close to the arena where the concert is being held. It's not in downtown London, but at least we have rooms. Only problem... 3 of us are in an 8 mixed dorm and the other 3 of us are in a 9 mixed dorm. Hopefully our roommates aren't creeps. But hey, we get free breakfast. Oh, the small victories.

Saturday, October 8th - Sunday, October 9th

No comments:

Post a Comment