Thursday, September 22, 2011

And then there was school...

Well, the time has come. The time to stop having fun and to get down to business. Joy.
Today was the beginning of the first week of classes. My Monday's look like they are going to be absolutely enthralling, beginning with Finance at 8:30AM and not ending until Economics gets out at 6:30PM. All in all, classes weren't too terrible.
Finance- I will fall asleep in this class. It is the most boring class, and being at 8:30AM does not help. She prints out her powerpoint for us, and then basically reads off of the projector. If attendance wasn't mandatory I doubt I would be going.
Italian- Obviously this class is going to be useful. And the professor seems nice enough. We'll see if I have an easier time with Italian than I had with French.
Intro to Florence- Okay, funny story. I KNEW I had this class today. I complained all last night, and this morning, for the mere fact that I have 5 classes today. However, I was a little mixed up on the exact time of this class. After Italian got out at 11:40, I went home. It's what I did on Thursday so I assumed its what I did today as well. It wasn't until I was sitting on my bed at 12:15 going over the rest of the day that I realized I only had 2 classes after lunch, not 3. At least Allie has this class later and got me the syllabus. What a great friend.
Holocaust History- Oh my gosh. The professor seems super nice, but my god is she boring. All she did today was put her syllabus in powerpoint format and then read over it. Every. Single. Word. I do hope once the class gets going, it gets better, because I was really looking forward to this class.
Global Economics- If this class wasn't 3 hours long, I could see me liking it. But it is 3 hours and so this seems like its going to be the longest night of my semester. The professor is bat shit crazy and enjoys repeating himself 7 times, thank goodness Allie, Gemo and Jaclyn are also in this class or I would go insane.

After class finally finished, I spent the rest of the night doing homework and crashing early. Trying to juggle this and travelling/having fun is going to be a challenge. I'm pretty sure I'm up for it.

Monday, September 19th

No comments:

Post a Comment