Thursday, September 8, 2011

Let's get to Europe already

I am only halfway to Europe, but I feel like I've been traveling for a week. I left Olympia yesterday afternoon on a flight to Denver; met up with Gabby and we hung out at Allie's house watching some Jersey Shore and That 70's Show. The morning started out just fantastic. Last night we looked online and discovered that our first checked bag was free, but a second was $50. No big deal. However, if a bag went over 50 pounds it was $200 charge. That got us all pretty nervous. Thankfully, since I flew yesterday, I knew my bags were a lovely 47 and 48 pounds. So, imagine my surprise when one of my bags weighed in at 54 pounds. It took me taking two pairs of shoes out and my blow dryer to realize I had put my 7 pound laptop in the front pocket. Thankfully the lady working the counter was super nice and checked me into my flight and got me my boarding passes while I was putting all of my stuff back in my bag. We should have known then that our trip was going to be an interesting one.
At first, our flight had gotten chanced from 10:50AM to 10Am, but apparently Obama decided he was also going to Newark this morning so our flight got delayed until close to 11:30AM. So, by the time we got into Newark at 5PM we were starving only having had a muffin before the flight. If we had known we were going to get stuck on more than our water bottles on the plane.
The flight was fine, other than how long it felt. Since we were about to pass out from starvation, we made our way to a sandwich shop and ate some deliciously, crappy airport food. Now, as I sit and type this, we are hanging out with some other GU kids outside of our gate, waiting to board the 8 hour flight to Germany. We have AdvilPM so hopefully it won't be as terrible as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment