Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm a terrible student... oh, and a meeting with some Italian.. boys?

Well, today did not go the way I intended.
I woke up feeling not so great, still, but I decided to get ready and try and go to class anyways. I got my teeth brushed, make up on, and dressed when I just couldn't stand it anymore and went back to bed. My plan was to sleep until Italian, walk to the school and go to class, then bail on Intro to Florence and go home early to sleep more. INSTEAD I got woken up at 11AM by the cleaning ladies throwing our door open and barging in to clean. Once they realized I was still home they gave me this weird look and said, "Clean?". Totally out of it and not comprehending anything I replied with (in English.. what was I thinking), "Can you come back later?" Of course they had no idea what I was saying, gave me some more weird looks and said, "No." At that point I was done with the situation so I mumbled something along the lines of, "Okay, fine, whatever" and fell back into bed. Thank goodness they got the hint and turned the lights back off and shut the door.
Needless to say, I didn't make it to Italian. After my run in with the cleaning ladies I realized I was still not feeling well so I stayed in bed. I didn't even try to move until Allie and Gabby came home and told me I needed to come to lunch to eat something.
After lunch I did some homework and took another nap. Woke up in time for dinner. Again, just as at lunch, I  ate like half of the food placed in front of me, and I'm pretty sure the cook kept giving me mean looks because I wasn't eating. Oh well.
After dinner I was told we were going out for gelato and meeting Erin's distant Italian cousin (and his friends). I was feeling a little better at this point and wanted fresh air and gelato, so I decided to go. We were "supposed" to meet them outside the duomo. We were there for like 10 minutes and it was almost to the point where Audrey and I almost left to get gelato ourselves and walk home when Erin finally saw them. Her cousin, Fabio, and his brother and friend showed up. None of them were good looking, and none of them were tall, so after 30 seconds I was no longer interested. Oh and they didn't speak English, except for one of them, so that made it even more fun. We went and got gelato, and at that point I started feeling sick. We tried talking to them but it just kept getting less fun and more awkward. I finally said I was heading home (because I honestly wasn't feeling good) and Audrey came back with me. We discussed how neither of us was having that much fun and it was pointless to go to the bar with them that the rest of the group was heading to.
So I came home, watched some Grey's Anatomy, and fell asleep by midnight.
I want to become friends with Italians... but it would help if I knew more Italian, or they knew some English. Oh and if they were good looking and tall. It may have been me being pessimistic because of being sick, but I kinda feel like I should have just gotten gelato myself and gone home. That sounds much more enjoyable.

Tuesday, September 27th

No comments:

Post a Comment